Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Some Summer Recipes

I tried a few new recipes last week and both were really tasty! AND both were vegetarian.  I'm definitely not becoming a vegetarian anytime soon, but I do like the idea of
 dinner = vegetables > meat. 
 So I googled some vegetarian recipes and came up with two that turned out to be winners.  Both recipes are from the Cooking Light website (links below). 
(And some kind soul already entered these recipes into MyFitnessPal, bless their little heart! 
Saved me a good 15 minutes entering it all-thank you, kind soul!)



The first was Baked Ziti with Summer Vegetables. I love a good pasta dish and this filled the bill without being super heavy.  I omitted the crushed red pepper because I'm a wuss and red pepper scares me.  Very tasty-highly recommend!


The second was Black Bean Burgers. I've never had a non-hamburger burger before because it just seemed wrong.  BUT-this was really good.  A good first non-meat burger for a beginner.  Easy to make and delicious to eat.  Even Olivia liked it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awesome! I'm always looking for a yummy recipe and vegetarian is even better!